LUSoM Bursary Guide
LUSoM is committed to eradicating financial difficulty as a barrier to education. Under the bursary scheme, funds can be applied to cover the cost of meals, books, college trips and essential materials needed for study with us. We also fund a travel pass for bursary students to get to and from college.
Please click the link below to access the LUSoM Bursary Guide.
You may be eligible for a Guaranteed Bursary of up to £1,200 a year, plus travel and meals. If you are applying for Guaranteed Financial Support, you must have evidence of one or more of the qualifying elements below:
- in care or a care leaver or
- a young person receiving income support or Universal Credit (e.g. young parents, young people living independently) or
- a young person receiving both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance or Universal Credit and Personal Independence Payments
You can apply for the Guaranteed Bursary throughout the academic year; however, the funds will be allocated pro-rata.
Income-Assessed Bursary Support
College will provide an income-assessed Bursary for students whose Parents/Guardians household income is below £30,000 or you meet the Free Meals criteria.
To be eligible for free meals the Government threshold for entitlement remains at £16,190.
If the household income is £32,000 or below the college may be able to provide support, but this depends on the availability of funding.
Free School Meal Criteria
- Income Support
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guarantee Pension Credits
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with net earnings no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC