You may be eligible for a Guaranteed Bursary of up to £1,200 a year, plus travel and meals. If you are applying for Guaranteed Financial Support, you must have evidence of one or more of the qualifying elements below:
- in care or a care leaver or
- a young person receiving income support or Universal Credit (e.g. young parents, young people living independently) or
- a young person receiving both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance or Universal Credit and Personal Independence Payments
You can apply for the Guaranteed Bursary throughout the academic year; however, the funds will be allocated pro-rata.
Income-Assessed Bursary Support
College will provide an income-assessed Bursary for students whose Parents/Guardians household income is below £30,000 or you meet the Free Meals criteria.
To be eligible for free meals the Government threshold for entitlement remains at £16,190.
If the household income is £32,000 or below the college may be able to provide support, but this depends on the availability of funding.
Free School Meal Criteria
- Income Support
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guarantee Pension Credits
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with net earnings no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC